October 27, 2010

The Body Shop Brow & Liner Kit



One of my favorite products from The Body Shop, this is one of my make-up staple items.  It comes with everything you need - a mirror, two shades and a brush set.

This nifty little kit contains two pressed powder shades, to provide you a choice depending on the look you want to pull off (or hair color of the moment).  It's highly pigmented so just use a little to get the definition you need.  I find that this gives a softer, more natural look as opposed to using an eyebrow pencil. If you want a darker and more dramatic look, like those actresses in  Mexican telenovelas (they have such beautiful eyebrows!), apply the powder wet.

Because this kit does not include stencils, I had to learn how to define my eyebrows freehand.  I think it's a good skill to have, yeah?

The only downside is that the brush isn't great.  It's easier for me to apply this using a slanted eyeliner brush I bought elsewhere.  In fact, I wish The Body Shop would just get rid of the brush and save on plastic and whatever synthetic material they use for the bristles.

Overall, I like this product... a lot.  So much that over the last five years, I've had 3 of these kits.  The label indicates that each kit should last up to 36 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥