October 22, 2010

Spa Works

I love the fact that there are so many affordable, on-call spas in Metro Manila.  They usually operate way past regular salon and spa hours which makes it very convenient.  Spa Works is one of them, operating until 1am.

I tried out the following services from Spa Works:  Pampered Hands and Feet, Sports Massage and Ventosa.

Thrice, I availed of their Pampered Hands and Feet service.  It consists of a manicure, pedicure, hand and foot spa.  The first time, the therapist left the mask on my foot a little too long which left an orangey color for well over a week.  The second time the therapist was way too chatty, talking about her showbiz clients (like I care).  No hitches during the third time.  The scrub was okay and the nail polish was applied properly.  Just don't ask them to do a french manicure - when "chatty" did, the white line was too thick.  I just had her change it to a plain one instead.

Their Sports Massage, I tried twice.  According to their flier, it is an "invigorating massage technique that relieves sore muscles and tired joints focusing on stubborn knots and tired aching muscles."  Perfect for someone like me, who experiences chronic back pain.  There were some parts of the massage that I felt  the pressure was too hard and rough. I feared that my back would ache afterward.  I was pleasantly surprised that this was not the case.

Their Ventosa massage was also pretty good.  It is the "traditional Chinese medicine technique that combines heat and suction to release wind, remove toxins, clear energy lines and boost circulation."  It's very relaxing, however, you need to be prepared because the suction part causes blood  clots, leaving red circular marks on the back.  Mine stayed with me for about a week before it fully disappeared.  When you avail of this massage, you don't need to pay extra for the massage bed.  And to recreate the whole spa experience, the therapist even whipped out an mp3 player with typical spa music.

Their therapists certainly know their stuff.  At the end of each session, my back felt so relaxed and that feeling stayed with me over the next couple of days.  There is one thing you need to watch out for - they use coconut which is highly comedogenic.  My back brokeout like crazy... it was really BAD.  If you have oily or acne-prone skin, provide your own oil because they have no alternative to offer.

Overall, the Hand and Feet treatment was so-so.  I would rather go to my regular nail spa since the service is much better.  I highly recommend their massages.  But you need to take note of the kind of oil they use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥