November 3, 2010

Cellex-C Sun Care SPF 30+

While shopping at Watson's last year, I overheard a conversation that I will never forget.  A woman was asking the lady at the counter for face powder.  Sales lady recommends one with SPF.  The woman replied she didn't need SPF.

I was absolutely horrified.

Wearing sunscreen is probably the most important part of your daily skincare ritual.  Exposure to UV rays lead to pre-mature aging, skin cancer, etc.  And you don't even have to be under the sun to get exposed - artificial light also emits these.  So even if you're indoors or you're working at night (because outsourcing is big here), you still need sunscreen.  No, I'm not kidding - I've spoken to 3 dermatologists and they've confirmed this.
The American Academy of Dermatology recommends that we use 15 SPF at the very least.  Personally, my minimum is 30 SPF.

Now, on to our review... I used this product for 3 months. It's a sunscreen and moisturizer in one (I love multi-functional products!).  The label says it's formulated for all skin types, including sensitive skin.  It's also non-comedogenic, so your skin won't breakout.  This product contains parabens, so if you're allergic to that, you may want to skip this.  In my case, I have very sensitive skin that's acne-prone and my skin loved this product.


All you need is a pea-sized amount to cover your entire face and neck area.  The texture is much like mousse, which makes it very easy to blend.  Unlike other sunscreens, this did not feel sticky or heavy and did not leave white streaks on my face.  However, there wass a faint "sunblock" smell - you know what I'm talking about.  It's not bothersome and goes away quickly.  My face looked a bit shiny after application but blotting it with some face powder did the trick.

Overall, this is great stuff and I highly recommend this for everyday wear.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn’t agree more with you, Cat, for me, sunscreen is very important too.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Nyx Philippines

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥