November 6, 2010

The Face Shop Face It HD Perfect BB Cream


I've been looking for a good tinted moisturizer for a few weeks now - I want to try different brands to find the one that's best for me.

When I entered The Face Shop, I asked the sales lady if they had tinted moisturizer.  She said they did, and she showed me this product.  BB (Blemish Balm) Creams supposedly function as a moisturizer, make-up base, sunscreen, concealer and foundation all in one product.  I read that BB Creams were originally used to treat patients who had recently undergone cosmetic procedures.  Eventually, it became big in Korea and the rest of Asia joined the bandwagon.  I was curious, excited and skeptical all at the same time.

The first thing I asked the sales lady was if this product was non-comedogenic.  She gave me this look which obviously read that she had no idea what that term meant.  The Face Shop, you need to train your people!  You can't sell cosmetics and not have them know what non-comedogenic means.  It's a mortal sin!

I still ended up buying it because I was THAT curious, and here's what I have to say:

If you're the type of person who does not like scented cosmetics, skip this.  It has a really strong  "soapy" smell that lingers.

The texture was thick and was difficult to blend.  It feels close to tacky which when applied feels like I put on a mask.  I had to really work the BB Cream into my skin a litter harder than normal liquid foundation when using my fingers or a brush.  A damp sponge dilutes the formula and works better if you want this to be easier to blend. 

I was told that it was only available in one shade.  When I put it on, my skin looked ashen and I was horrified.  Think Chin Chan Su, Kabuki and Espasol.  After an hour, the color blended a bit but I really can't wait that long.  They say that with BB Creams, it should oxidize and match your skin within that time frame.  I think this shade will only work on people with light skin and olive undertones.

In terms of oil control, it did not make a big difference.  I still had to blot several times throughout the day.  I also noticed the product settled on the side of my nose.   It made the dry parts of my skin a bit flaky and obvious so as a moisturizer, I don't feel it was effective.

When it came to acne control (I hate having adult acne!) this did not cause any break outs.  A plus point for this product.

I used this  for about three weeks, hoping that the results would improve after some time.  The only other thing I liked was the fact that it provided sun protection (SPF 30 PA++).

This was the first time I tried using BB Cream.  And I'm hoping the others that I try in the future perform better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥