November 23, 2010

The Body Shop Berry & Chestnut Cheek & Face Powder


How can you not love how they packaged these?  The moment this collection was released, I wanted it just because it was so darn cute!

These two powders are part of The Body Shop's 2010 Autumn collection and comes in two shimmery shades - Berry (above), which has shades of pink, gold and bronze and Chestnut (below), which is peach with deeper shades of gold and bronze.

The first time I tried these was at a make up workshop The Body Shop held a few months back.  I loved the fact that I just needed to get a small amount of this product using a brush and lightly tapped it on to my cheeks for a sheer glow.  The lighter shades function as a highlighter as well.  This product goes on smooth and is very easy to blend, which is extremely important if you want a natural look.
Needless to say, I am in love with this product and I don't think I'll be purchasing any more blush for a long time (by that I mean a year).


This is perfect for everyday wear but if you're looking for something to use in photos or you want something that's bold, this isn't the blush you're looking for.

As luck would have it, I found it on sale in Hong Kong for a third (YES, a third!) of the retail price.

Unfortunately, this is limited edition so it's no longer being sold.  BUT The Body Shop is known for putting items on sale after a few seasons have passed so just keep an eye out for it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Just wanted to say thanks for following back. :) And you lucky girl, a third of the retail price?? I'd kill for these powders, they're so gorgeous! But I feel bad because I still have a blush from their Precious Pearlescents collection that has yet to hit pan. I think I need to give it some love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari, I saw this blush on sale at the Body Shop in Greenhills last week. It was less than Php 700. Keep an eye out for it, it's a pretty reasonable price now! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥