December 10, 2010

Clinique Almost Lipstick Black Honey

It's been crazy at work lately which was why I haven't been able to post sooner.  Since work is so stressful and I need some positive energy my way, I decided to write about one of my favorite things.  And before you think this shade is too dark, read on. 

I remember back in 1996, the product was new and Clinique released an ad for this.  I knew the moment I saw it, I wanted it.  It didn't turn out to be the color I expected but I still fell in love. 

From the tube, the color looks intimidating but once you wear it, you will absolutely love it.  That's a promise!  Black Honey is a wonderful lip stain that's somewhere between wine and berry.  A lot of people say that this shade is universally flattering and it's probably the reason the product still exists to this day.  When worn, it brightens up the face, giving a natural, healthy and youthful look.  Kind of like the color you get after softly biting your lips.  Below is a sample after 1 swipe:


Aside from the color, I love how light this feels compared to lipstick.  It goes on smooth without the waxy feeling that some lip balms have and provides just the right amount of shine without the stickiness  or exaggerated shine of lipgloss.  The catch?  It doesn't stay on the entire day and a few retouches are necessary.  But it's something that's easy to overlook considering how great this product is, overall.  In fact, I've always had a tube in my make up kit for the last 14 years.

Unfortunately, they never sold the product here and its no longer available in HK.  Lucky for those in the US ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥