December 21, 2010

MAC A Tartan Tale Sweep Me Off My Feet Holiday Brush Set

MAC's Brush Sets are something I look forward to during the holiday season.
  
 
This year, I treated myself with the Sweep Me Off My Feet Sweep & Define Brush Collection.  The set comes with the 129 (Powder/Blush), 190 (Foundation), 212 (Flat Definer), 227 (Large Fluff), 275 (Medium Angled Shading) brushes and a cute little bag.

The 129 is just the right size for me and it lightly dusts my setting powder.  The 190 spreads out my tinted moisturizer quite well.  These two have quickly become my favorites from this set.

For people who love to wear make up but aren't pros or for those who travel a lot, these sets provide the best value for your money.    While some people have bashed the quality of these sets, we need to accept the fact that not every beauty junkie is a professional make up artist nor do they have the need for pro brushes.

Last year, I got MAC's Do-the-Trick Buff & Line Brush Set which included 168 (Angled Contour), 187 (Duo Fibre), 291 (Pencil), 209 (Eyeliner) and 252 (Large Eyeshadow) brushes.  The picture above was taken last week - so you have an idea how the brushes look after a year of use.

The good news:  you can still get the same set of brushes today.  This year it's known as A Lady & Her Tricks Buff & Line Brush Collection.  If you had to choose just one set, this should be it because it has all the basics.

I can't wait to see what they have in store for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥