April 30, 2011

L'Occitane Verbena

This week, I tried out a bunch of products from L'Occitane's Verbena line - Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower Gel and Body Lotion.

Verbena is popular in the world of Aromatherapy because of its uplifitng and stimulating properties.

The Shampoo is suitable for all hair types.  Its more watery than regular shampoo so I had to use more than usual but was easy to work into my hair.   It left a delicious smell.

I thought the Shower Gel was just as delightful to use.  Just like the shampoo, the formula was watery but I did not have a problem getting it to lather.  My skin did not feel dry or irritated afterwards.

Their Body Lotion had a light formulation that my skin easily absorbed and it did a great job in keeping my skin moisturized for hours.  It did not feel sticky or greasy which is the last thing anyone needs right now (the heat here is unbearable).  

The only thing I wasn't a huge fan of was the Conditioner because of the scent - yes, there was a hint of Verbena but there was a strong wax smell.  Kind of like candle drippings when aromatherapy candles weren't all the rage yet.  It was really strange but at least it the smell was gone after I rinsed it off.  To be fair, my hair did feel smoother after using it.

I've been dying to purchase a tube of Crabtree and Evelyn's Citron Hand Therapy because of the scent but it's not available here yet.  Because I got to try out some products from this line, I'm going to see if the Verbena Ice Hand Cream Gel is a good alternative.

I can tell you I am officially in love with this product line - the scent reminded me of lemon drop candies I had as a child.  It's light, happy and refreshing.  Perfect for the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥