July 25, 2011

Balms Away Eye Makeup Breakup


I've been using this eye makeup remover from theBalm on and off since December and have used up half the tin so it's pretty safe to write a review now.

The directions at the back say that a dollop of Balms Away is needed to get rid of eye makeup.  Isn't that a lot?  Anyway, since I don't like dipping my fingers, I use a spatula to scoop the product out.  Next step is to massage it on the eye area for about 30 seconds.  Once that's done, tissue off.

When it comes to breaking down makeup, yes this is pretty effective.  It can remove even the toughest mascara.  After massaging it in, I just see a muddy mess that's ready to be wiped off.  However, there are times that my eyes get blurry because of the oil in the product.  People who wear contact lenses need to remove them before using this.


Most of the makeup removers out there are either in cream, milk or liquid form.  This one feels like petroleum jelly.  It's thick and feels greasy.  Sure, it removes makeup quite well but removing the makeup remover is another story.

It's so thick that it's impossible not to tug or rub your eyes in the process of tissuing it off.  That's the only way one can get everything out.

According to the brand, it contains Vitamins A, C and E and plant-derived lipids.  The thing is, with the rubbing and tugging needed to remove the product from the skin, I don't think it'll make any difference in preventing wrinkles, lines or whatever.

So even if it works, I'll skip this product thank you very much.  There are others out there that remove makeup just as well with less skin damage potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥