August 5, 2011

Burt's Bees Raisin & Merlot Lip Shimmer

A little over a year ago, I was looking for lip color that I could fit into a clutch. I was attending a wedding that evening and did not want to carry anything bulky.  And so I purchased Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer merely hours before the event.  Not sure about which shade of red to wear on my lip, I got both Raisin and Merlot as these were very affordable.

 
Merlot and Raisin

Both have a sheer, somewhat shiny color and Burt's Bees signature strong mint lip balm flavor (with the tingle too!).  Merlot is a cool hue that's berry-red while Raisin is a warm, dark red-orange shade.  I like both colors very much and to be frank, can't remember which one I chose to wear at the wedding.

Although the colors are lovely, they faded quickly.  Whenever I would wear this product, it lasts up to half an hour tops.  If you're looking for color, this is definitely not your best bet as you will need to frequently re-apply.  But if you're not the type to wear lipstick everyday and just need it for a quick photo session, this will work.

As a lip balm it worked well in making my lips feel smooth and moisturized.  Instead of purchasing this, I think I'll stick to Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm as it does the same thing without the color.  I can just apply a sheer coat of lipstick on top of it and I'd get the same effect.

Has anyone else tried this?  What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥