Mary Kay, a brand trusted by millions of women worldwide, just released a new skincare line called Botanical Effects. It keeps your skincare routine as simple as possible because all you ever need to use day and night would be the 3-in-1 Cleanse and the Skin Care Hydrate. The line also includes a Skin Care Mask which can be used twice a week - of course, this step is optional.
At the heart of the Botanical Effects range are two ingredients:
- Silymarin (Milk Thistle) - a powerful antioxidant that helps defend against environmental damage, while calming and smoothing skin.
- Luo Han Guo - an ingredient infused with antioxidants to help promote healthy skin.
According to the company, all products in this line are safe for those with sensitive skin and pregnant women. To address different skin concerns, Mary Kay also included other unique ingredients:
- Dry Skin - Flaxseed and Sea Kelp, both known sources of vitamins, minerals and fatty acids, bring moisturization and balance to give skin a healthy radiance.
- Normal Skin - Frangipani Flower extracts, with antioxidants against environmental stressors, provide extra hydration and Water Lily Extract, a source of minerals, calm the skin.
- Oily Skin - Kanuka and Guava Extracts that help purify and unclog pores while at the same time sloughing away dead skin.
I got the cleanser and moisturizer for oily skin. I'll be trying these out for a month to see if it delivers. Come back for the review!
Since this is my first time to try anything from Mary Kay, I'd like to hear about your experience with this brand :)