May 2, 2012

MAC Vera Collection Pearlglide Intense Eyeliners

Industrial & Designer Purple

When trying out a new eyeliner, I am always wary. My eyes are watery by nature and products smudge within minutes. It's also easily irritated. But I could not resist owning these. Most of my eyeliners are neutral colors and the bright, playful colors from MAC's Vera Collection left me mesmerized.

Industrial is a unique color because it looks different depending on your vantage point. The blue shimmer is consistent but the base color sometimes comes off as either periwinkle, cornflower blue or grayish blue depending on the angle. Designer Purple has a violet shimmer and base. Personally, I think this is the most eye-catching from the range.

Undercurrent & Black Line

Undercurrent has gold micro-glitters which go well with its teal base, while Black Line has a black base and dark gold micro-glitters.

I skipped purchasing three shades: Lord It Up is bronze and I don't see myself using this because I prefer bronze on my eyelids, not on the lashline. In hindsight, I regret not going for Petrol Blue - I have a fear of bright blue colors on my eye because I think it'll make my undereye circles worse. Black Swan reminded me too much of Shu Uemura's Drawing Pencil in ME Black 01, which is something I already have.

On that note, Pearlglide Eyeliners are easier to apply compared to Shu Uemura's Drawing Pencil. MAC's version is softer and do not tug on my eyelids. I can't say the same for Shu Uemura, that's why I hardly use my Drawing Pencil.

Left to right: Black Line, Undercurrent, Industrial & Designer Purple

Each Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner has excellent color payoff that I only need one swipe to get the color I desire. Of course it can be made bolder with a second swipe but its not necessary.

The best thing about these is that they last day til night. Literally! Even on my lower lashline, I did not experience any fading or smudging. Considering this has micro-glitters, its a pretty bad idea to put apply this on the waterline... but based on my personal experience, these stayed put. That's pretty amazing. What wasn't amazing was that after about six hours, some of the shimmer got in my eye and it turned red. Another thing I'm not a fan of - when removing this product, I need a second or third pass just to get rid of the glitters. The base color can be quickly removed though.

Designer Purple on top of Industrial

Overall, I like this product. Although the colors are shocking, I find it wearable for everyday (even at work!) provided I don't wear any eyeshadow. My favorite way to wear this is to use different colors on my upper and lower lashlines. 

I'm glad to have these as part of my personal kit because the quality is extremely good. Professional artists will also love having these especially when working on fashion shows or photoshoots because of the long wear time. If these are still available in your area and you haven't purchased this product, go for it! You won't regret it at all.

6 comments:

  1. You've got some great shades there. Undercurrent is a favourite. :]

    I love these pencils, I really wish they would make them a permanent part of the line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - its really good it should stay! :)

      Delete
  2. omg i love these pencils!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful colors! They remind me of a galaxy, or something of the sort. They look like they are an amazing quality. Thank you for the pictures!

    -Abi
    http://kiwivanilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥