August 15, 2012

Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes No 162 Surprise


Surprise was one of the pieces from the mid-year 2012 Roses Ultimes De Chanel collection. I suppose I should post Dèsir and Amour too, since these are all limited edition.

My love for Glossimers started when I purchased Myriade. The consistency although thick, is non-sticky and wears comfortably. I love how it doesn't bleed and that it wears longer than most glosses. I'd say this line from Chanel is part of my top 3 favorites.



Surprise is a pearly pale pink color with multi-colored shimmer (but mostly dominated by iridescent white). Some glosses can be worn alone but Surprise is meant for layering over lipstick. What this does is it takes the base color down a notch and adds sparkle for a more voluminous effect. 

Swatches below show Surprise on my bare lip and the next photo shows this on top of Edward Bess Ultra Slick Lipstick in Night Romance. If you want to see what Night Romance looks like without Surprise it's on the post I just linked.



Are you a huge Glossimer fan? What's your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥