August 10, 2013

Review: Chanel Illusion D' Ombre in Convoitise


Being that Illusion D'Ombre are my favorite Chanel products, it's no surprise that I jumped at the chance to grab Convoitise. The gel texture is something I love because it is comfortable to wear and in most cases, easy to apply. The finish is always lovely, regardless of the shade, and long lasting.

However, that being said, not all shades in this line are created equal. You can read more about that in my reviews of: Illusoire, Mirifique, Abstraction & Vision.



Convoitise is a muted-gold metallic shade, much more tame compared to Vision. It works great as an everyday color, if you want your eyes to subtly stand-out. No micro-glitters here.

It is one of the Illusion D'Ombre shades that's easy to work with, as it is not flaky and there isn't any fall-out either. The color is buildable - the swatches below show what it looks like when applied lightly and heavily.


I think this would look good as a sheer wash if you want a solo-eyeshadow look. Or if you prefer something more dramatic, this would work great in the inner corner of the eye combined with black or chocolate brown eyeshadow on the outer eyelid. 
I also have the other summer Illusion D'Ombre, Apparition, but having a difficult time photographing it. Hopefully I can capture a good photo so I can post it next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥