September 23, 2013

Review: Chanel Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Gri-Gri

The Chanel Fall 2013 collection made my eyes go wide... Seriously, everything appealed to me but I only purchased the items I knew I absolutely had to have! Gri-Gri was on my list because taupe eyes are incredibly easy to pull off.

It reminds me of NARS Ashes to Ashes, which I love. Gri-Gri is a shade lighter and contains more shimmer (the photo below was not able to capture it, unfortunately).


It goes on sheer without a primer but my Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer made such a difference - I was able to intensify and build on the color. It's easy to blend this eyeshadow since the texture is smooth, as expected. However, its powdery - there's a bit of a mess when my brush picks up the product from the pan and there's also some minor fall out.

With the help of my primer, I was able to wear this the entire day. By the 12th hour, there was fading but it was even which made it less noticeable.


I've tried wearing this shadow on its own and find that its too shimmery for its own good. That's a bit of a let-down since I was hoping this could be one of my go-to lazy day eye products. It looks best when combined with a darker shade on the outer corner of the eye - chocolate brown or black works well with it.

While I'm not loving this, I don't hate it either. I had higher hopes for this but I know that a lot of people will or are loving Gri-Gri.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥