November 8, 2013

Review: Etude House &Rose Flowering Eyes

 

Etude House's &Rose is one of the fall collections I've been looking forward to since photos surfaced online. Although I'm not generally a fan of pink, they incorporated this color into their eye products (shadow & pencils) and that got me excited and intrigued.

&Rose Flowering Eyes palette is one of my favorites this year! It has a good balance of matte and satin/glittery finishes. The soft neutrals work well to complement the darker berries.

 

Although these look and feel somewhat powdery, they stick well with an eyeshadow base or primer. Each color feels smooth to the touch except for Blossom. However, once applied to the eyelid with a brush, Blossom's texture is just like the rest. Every single eye shadow blends well and I had no issues with fall-out.

All colors in this palette translate a shade lighter from pan to skin - which is something generally not desirable but I think its still a great palette because I love the way these colors go well together.

Falling, Delight, Pure, Romance and Poison have microglitters but the only one that's obvious when applied is Pure. I initially thought that shade would be a disaster but the formula is executed beautifully that it manages to look classy and festive at the same time.

 

Some of the colors remind me of NARS Douce France, Cordura, and All About Eve. What do you think?

With regard to longevity, I can wear these out during the day or night without any noticeable fading although I haven't had the chance to stay out for over 12 hours as of late.

Do you need this? Yes, you do! Its a really good basic and then some palette. The price is reasonable, the color choices are genius and the quality is good. Even if you don't have an Etude House store locally, there are some reputable online shops that sell Korean cosmetics.

10 comments:

  1. OMG I love Etude House and have just been hauling some goodies from Korean online shops but didn't know this existed :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these are still available online since it's been released only recently :)

      Delete
  2. The palette, shadows and name are all beautiful. I love the way Etude House names their products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice touch na may red eyeshadow no? And I am really curious about the matte lip creams in the &Rose collection, but I found the tube hard to squeeze :( but I still want one. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I like about the way they built this palette is that it makes the red shade soooo wearable. Like everyday wearable! I'll be reviewing the lip creams as soon as I get enough sunlight to take swatch photos :) Yes, the tube is difficult to squeeze... kakaloka!

      Delete
  4. Lovely palette! Wish there's Etude here in Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kath! Most of the time I get my Korean cosmetics online... ebay or those kpoptown, etc :)

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful palette! I could use this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's to die for... I really recommend everyone to go out and get it before its gone forever!

      Delete

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥