November 7, 2013

Review: Mary Kay @Play Jelly Lip Gloss


The Mary Kay @Play range includes the high-shine Jelly Lip Gloss in their line up. Its described by the company as providing a sheer wash of color. On the tube and when initially applied, these seem highly pigmented for a gloss but once it settles after 10 minutes or so, it sheers down. However, the shine lasts for as long as you have this on the lips. In my case, it looks just as shiny even after 4 hours on and only wears off after having a meal or a large drink.

This gloss feels heavy and a tad sticky for the first couple of minutes but settles into a more comfortable state - somewhat balmy. Its keeps my lips well-moisturized all throughout and even after removing the product, my lips still feel soft.

 

Other good stuff about Jelly Lip Gloss: it does not travel and does not have an overpowering scent.

I noticed that between the two colors I was sent, Teddy Bare looked a lot more uneven compared to Berry Me. The photo below shows how the pigment tends to settle in the lines on my lips.

 

Right now, I am really liking Berry Me and I have it in my purse... you know, for those times when I forget to apply lip color and I suddenly remember. Its a great color to have handy at all times since it can quickly transform your look. There's a photo of me wearing Berry Me in a previous post.

While not all shades in this range are stellar (ahem, Teddy Bare) the others are good. If you love shiny lips, don't miss out on this!

*Press sample was provided for editorial consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥