December 6, 2013

Review: Etude House Rosy Tint Lips


Part of Etude House's &Rose Collection are these Rosy Tint Lips. The name suggests a sheer product but its far from that. These babies are actually lip cremes that are packed with pigment!

I think the reason they're packaged as "tints" is you can achieve a gradient effect using the felt (or sponge?) tip applicator, as illustrated here. The thing is, and this is the only downside to this product, the tube is incredibly difficult to squeeze. To make life easier, I just twist the applicator off the tube and squeeze the product out. Pretty soon I may have to cut this open and put it in a pot.


Let's talk about the good stuff now. With the help of a lip brush, these apply evenly and glide smoothly. The feel on the lips is a bit more velvety than Guerlain Rouge G L'Extrait. Although its not hydrating, it does not dry out the lips either. Its actually very comfortable to wear, more than what I expected. As with products of this nature, you'll need to exfoliate and condition your lips prior to application because this can accentuate any flaky skin you may have. 

The product has a light rose scent (reminiscent of Chanel) which dissipates after a while. Wear time is good - it stays on even after having a cup of tea and I only need to reapply after meals.

I mentioned that the colors are pretty intense, right? Check out the swatches below. 


Here are the names of each color, for reference:
1 - Before Blossom
2 - Sunny Flower
3 - Rose Petal
4 - Sweet Poison
5 - Baby Peony
6 - English Garden
7 - Tea Rose
8 - After Blossom

The swatches below are shown in the same order.

 

Verdict: I love these! Korean brands are usually known for lip stains or mostly sheer lip products. This is a nice change and the quality is great.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, I didn't expect such intense pigmentation from something named "tint"! Shocker! I'm going to get 5, 6, and 7 on my next Korean haul in January! Can you mix these like OCC lip tars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renu x! Yep, it can be mixed but it makes the texture feel less velvety although lighter and "thinner." I personally don't recommend it though - the rose scent of this product does not mix well with the minty-ness of lip tars.

      Delete
  2. Ok I've read several reviews and swatched these in-store, and I am STILL drawn to Tea Rose. I don't need it, but I'm not sure if I want it enough to use a lip brush. But agree, these are awesome especially coming from Etude :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kari! Maybe you can decant everything as soon as you get it? That way don't have to go through the hassle of the hard to squeeze tube :)

      Delete

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥