February 19, 2014

Review: Steamcream

 
I'm going to come clean: I bought these tins of Steamcream (a year ago, I believe) because of the packaging. Crazy cat lady, yo!

Although I've read both positive and negative reviews online, my experience with Steamcream is 98% positive. The lavender scent is relaxing, not overpowering and it dissipates into something more faint within minutes. It was a great addition to my bedtime ritual.

It's feels just like other cream products but gets absorbed into the skin in less time. Absorption time is comparable to that of an emulsion or light moisturizer.

I found this to be very gentle on my facial skin and worked nicely in calming my skin when it was feeling extra sensitive and irritated. This also helped get rid of stress-induced eczema that appeared on my arm a few months back.

 

The 2% negative is that it comes in a tub, which isn't the ideal packaging for cream products. It's not a big deal because I use a sterilized metal spatula to scoop out product each time.

If I find another cat-themed tin in the future, it's definitely coming home with me.

3 comments:

  1. From one cat lady to another, I can certainly understand why you picked this duo of creams up! I mean, seriously...they're kittie-fied and soooooo cute!

    I'm a fan of Ellovee body butter, after seeing it on The Daydreaming Beauty blog. That stuff is made of coconut, sunflower, hemp, macadamia, Ghanaian marula, shea, and it's AMAZING. I use it on my face, hands, body, and even my hair.

    I'm curious what this cream is made of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! Good question :) I found this info from the steamcream site: https://www.steamcream.eu/info/what-is-steamcream/ingredients of all the ingredients, I can definitely feel the oatmeal (the way it keeps my skin hydrated is... well... it reminds me of a lighter/milder version of aveeno) and the lavender scent definitely stands out. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  2. I don't know why I never thought to put this on my bedside dresser. It's going there tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥