August 5, 2014

Review: A'pieu Real Recipe Banana & Oatmeal Scrub Mask


Own Purchase
 

Of late, I've been obsessed with facial masks and scrubs... mostly out of need. Usually, I would use two different products to exfoliate and treat my skin but A'pieu Real Recipe Banana & Oatmeal Scrub Mask is a two-in-one thing which makes skincare less of a chore. Just the thing I need on nights when all I want to do is crawl into bed the soonest possible.

After washing my face with a foam cleanser, I scoop out a small amount of this product and gently massage it for 2-3 minutes. As a general rule, I always use a light hand when exfoliating so as not to irritate my skin. Next, I let this sit in my skin for 5 minutes or so.  After rinsing, I can immediately see and feel the difference on my skin. It looks smoother and has a healthy glow. Goodbye, dull skin!

 

It contains banana, oatmeal and guava extracts which lock in moisture. Oatmeal & apricot powder does the exfoliation - for the sake of comparison, this is less abrasive than St. Ives Apricot Scrub. It smells like banana syrup... sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't.

I would normally use this at night but I think it'll work well in the morning especially if you want to perk up your skin. 

The tub is smaller than other non-sheet masks I've used - it contains 30ml of product. It may not seem a lot but the texture is runny and you only need to apply a thin layer. It still lasts for a decent amount of time. It took me about 2 months, maybe a little bit longer, before I used it all up. I usually use this just once a week, sometimes two, when my skin feels extra rough.

This is definitely something I would re-purchase because of how effective it is and the price is unbeatable (less than $5 from some online retailers).

2 comments:

  1. this looks like a great product! I bet it smells great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't tried these and its My first time knowing about these products, hopefully I could easily find these here in our place.. Thanks for the review Cat♥
    xx Lyra
    LifeCell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥