August 22, 2014

Review: Lip Monthly July 2014 Box

Press Sample

If you believe that a woman can never have too many lipsticks, then Lip Monthly might be right up your alley. It's a subscription box that promises to deliver 2-3 full sized lip products and 2-3 sample sized items every month for $10.

Lip Monthly was kind enough to send me a sample of their July box and the items I received were City Color Lip Lush Luscious Lip Crayon in Chic, Stila Lip Glaze Stick in Orange, City Color Lip Balm in Berry Rose, Appeal Cosmetics Lipstick in Redlight District and a sample-sized tube of John Frieda Frizz-Ease (this is their "Monthly Mix-up Extra"). 


Ah, but what bummed me out was that when our postal worker delivered the package, he left it on the porch and the Stila Lip Glaze Stick looked like this. *Sob*

There's some controversy on how current some of the products in the box are. If you read this blog and this YouTube video, you'll see that some folks have given feedback that some items have been discontinued. However, on Lip Monthly's support page, they say they do not. I recommend researching on past boxes and checking if the products indeed are still being sold or not.

left to right: Appeal Cosmetics Lipstick, Stila Lip Glaze Stick, City Color Lip Lush, City Color Lip Balm

It's nice how the products are a mix of different items - a lipstick, 2 lip pencils and a lip balm. The color selection was something I truly enjoyed.

I've never heard of Appeal Cosmetics until I received this box but the lipstick turned out to be really nice. Its long lasting and wore comfortably on my lips. The City Color Lip Lush felt a bit dry and stiff but wearing it with a lip balm makes it better. Stila's Lip Glaze Stick was just way too soft although the color is gorgeous. The City Color Lip Balm is pigmented for this type of product, wore nicely although the scent reminded me of those fruit-scented ballpens in the 80s. (Yikes!)

Given the products that were included in this box, I'd say 10 bucks is very reasonable. Lip Monthly is an international subscription box based in the US, in case you're wondering.

Tell me, is this something you would go for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥