February 12, 2015

Beauty Diary: Express Face Routine


All Products Purchased

Having to drastically switch time zones (12 hours difference!) plus suffering from insomnia really messed up my body clock. It's been almost 4 months and I still have not adjusted - this means staying up long hours and waking up so late that I'm lucky if I can even go out to run an errand each day.

On the bright side, I was forced to master the art of getting ready in a jiffy. That's about 20 minutes to shower, apply skincare & makeup. Here are the products I use when I don't have the luxury of time.

My skin has been extra dry and rough of late. So for skincare, I always start with the Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum. For a year now, it has been an essential part of my skincare routine and makes a world of difference on how the rest of the products get absorbed into my skin. Next up is the Skin79 10 Seconds Mask which is a 3-in-1 product. I just press the sheet on my face for 10 seconds and pat until it is properly absorbed. It replaces having to apply a separate toner, emulsion & serum/essence. 

I then apply The Skin House Real Snail Wrinkle Free Cream under my eyes. Followed by whatever sample packet of day cream that I have - I'm trying to go through my samples before I open a fresh jar of cream. Dermalogica Renewal Lip Complex is what I apply to keep my lips from cracking and peeling. The last step is to apply sun protection. Currently, I use Allie (Kanebo) UV Long Keep Gel.



For my makeup, the goal is to just look clean and less haggard. I try to even out my skin tone with Chanel CC Cream, followed by NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer on my under eye area. I set the concealer with Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder. To be honest, my under eye circles can never be totally covered so I just aim to reduce the appearance of it.

To frame my eyes, I use Tony Moly Lovely Eye Brow Pencil on the sparse areas of my brows. Canmake Stay-On Balm Rouge is what I use to colour my lips and brings the look together. 

If I can find a way to reduce the products I use, I would. For now, this is the bare minimum I need to keep my skin feeling and looking healthy... and enough that my neighbour's children won't freak out.

What's your express face routine? I'd love to hear any shortcuts you have and what products you use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving my blog some love ♥